Map of England superimposed over a map of Texas representing the unity of purpose in the war effort during WW II. Copied from one of the flight training maps displayed at the no.1 British Flight Training Museum and depicted on one of the murals found in downtown Terrell.
Pick from Medium, Large, or XLarge below.
Size Medium Terrell T-Shirt
Size Large Terrell T-Shirt
Size XLarge Terrell T-Shirt
This booklet is a reproduction of an original Chamber of Commerce publication circa 1900. This is a collection of pictures and information of the people, homes, businesses and general life in Kaufman county in 1900,
THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JAMES ABLES
FOUNDER OF ABLES SPRINGS
(March 4, 1829 - February 12, 1891)
Written in first person as James Ables
Autographed by author Jean Ann Ables-Flatt
REMEMBERING THE BRITISH BOYS AND TERRELL
THE ROYAL AIRFORCE
by Carol Jessup DMA
Horace P. Flatt was reared in Terrell, son of Horace and Myrtie Flatt. After graduating from the Terrell public schools, he attended Rice Institute in Houston, where he received a B.A. in physics and a M.A. and Ph.D. in mathematics.
While in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, he began his work with large-scale digital computers. He was involved in research and development activities in that field throughout his professional career. He retired from IBM as it’s manager of the Scientific Centers in the United States. He is the author of a number of the publications in mathematics and computer science.
Flatt was appointed by the Governor of California to that state’s competitive technology advisory committee and the Governor of Texas to the board of directors of the Trinity River Authority. He also has served on the board of Trustees of the University of the Ozarks.
He is the author of a number of articles on the history of Peruvian coins as well as six books on that subject. He is also the author of “Cap’n Terrell’s Town” and “A Part of the Lord’s Big Garden”.
Before retiring to Dallas, Flatt was the Oakland Memorial Park Association, chair of the Research and Marker Committee of the Kaufman County Historical Commission and served as an elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Terrell.
A PART OF THE LORD'S BIG GARDEN
Kaufman County It's Early Years
By: Horace P. Flatt
Present day Kaufman County is a part of the Three Forks of the Trinity River, an area heralded in 1837 as a "Garden of Eden" destined to "to prove the most valuable part of Texas"
This work focuses on the first twelve years of the county, beginning in 1840 with the construction of a frontier fort for the protection of William P. King's surveying party led by W.A. Ferris and ending with the establishment of county government in 1851 in the county seat named Kaufman.
Images of daily life in early Kaufman county are evoked mostly through the stories of the first settlers. Extensively documented research helps fill in this view, expanding the work of Homer DeGolyer on the first surveys, correcting several myths of local history which have grown over the years , and portraying some new aspects of that history.
CAP'N TERRELL'S TOWN
A NEW HISTORY OF OLD TERRELL
by Horace P. Flatt
The story of a railroad depot town that grew: Little known schools, the city government, and the rich history of people that built Terrell. Events to learn from and to laugh about.
TEXAS HISTORICAL MARKERS IN KAUFMAN COUNTY
Complied by Horace P. Flatt
Published 1995 by Kaufman County Historical Commission, Kaufman TX